Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP Treatment) in Utah
Cold Creek’s comprehensive Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) is perfect for adults 18 and older who suffer from drug addiction, alcoholism, or any addiction and need more than weekly counseling, but do not require inpatient Residential Treatment. Our alcoholism and drug addiction programs are based on decades of research, studying, and applying what works in addiction recovery. We use a full range of evidence-based and comprehensive therapies that are recognized by Columbia University and the National Institute on Drug Abuse.
We understand the importance of diversity in any type of treatment. Cold Creek’s intensive outpatient program targets the addiction from as many sides as possible. We work to provide familial support, medical support, group support, and help build a strong system of personal support to give you the power to fully recover, and never turn back to your old habits. Our systems teach strength, empowerment, the importance of a support system, and how to never relapse. Intensive outpatient programs have been proven to work repeatedly. However, Cold Creek’s intensive outpatient programs are engineered using only the most effective and recent methods to take your recovery to the next level.
See how we are different
Learn More About Treatment Types We Offer
Individualized Treatment Plan
Each person and their circumstances are unique and there is no one-size-fits-all approach to treating addiction. Cold Creek offers a truly individualized addiction treatment in Utah for each client. Our clients know there is always someone available to help.
Dual diagnosis describes a condition where one or more psychiatric illness exists simultaneously with a substance abuse disorder. Even though the terms “dual diagnosis” and “co-occurring disorder” are often used interchangeably, a co-occurring disorder is one or more psychiatric condition that may or may not include a chemical dependency or addiction.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
There are two dimension of cognitive behavioral therapy that pertain to substance abuse treatment.Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Utah The first dimension of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) is based on social learning theory.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy is a form of therapy, originally developed by Marsha Lineham, for the treatment of borderline personality disorder. Borderline personality disorder is a mental illness, classified as a set of persistent character traits including emotional dysregulation, self-harming behaviors, brief intense interpersonal relationships, suicidal ideation, and a serious preoccupation with the fear of abandonment.
People often deal with distressing and or traumatic memories by repressing them, or avoiding them all together. EMDR helps individuals deal with these “repressed” memories. A full treatment may involve of a handful of sessions or years of therapy.
Mind Body Bridging
You can physically change and find power over their behaviors to where their past events or addictions no longer become the solution. This therapy is simple, fast and effective and can create an empowered self.
There are three primary learning styles. Visual (see it), Auditory (hear it), and Kinesthetic (do it). We have found that most of our clients prefer a combination of these learning styles. Experiential or kinesthetic learning methods that focus on movement are some of the most effective ways to learn, develop and grow.
Motivational Interviewing is a method that works on engaging a client’s basic motivations in order to change behavior. This is a goal-oriented, client-centered counseling style for eliciting behavior change by helping clients to explore and resolve ambivalence (Miller & Rollnick, 2002).
Psycho Educational Intervention
This type of intervention typically involves providing clients with information regarding treatment options, resources, services and symptoms. In addition, providing clients with training regarding self-care, how to respond to disease-related problems; and problem-solving strategies for coping with addiction.
Serenity BioSound Lounge leverages cutting edge technology and the latest research in holistic addiction treatment methods. The Serenity Biosound Lounge therapy assists clients with managing withdrawal symptoms, pain, and the emotional stigma associated with addiction.
Intensive Outpatient Drug Rehab and Alcohol Treatment Program includes:
- Individual Counseling: Clients receive weekly individual counseling sessions to identify and work through issues that are limiting their recovery.
- Family Program: Addiction affects you and your family. The Family Program educates your family about addiction. It also offers ways to recover and heal for the entire family.
- Group Counseling: Your group counseling builds trust and compassion. You also come to understand that you are not alone in your recovery process.
- Drug Addiction Education: These groups teach you and your family about the emotional and behavioral effects of addiction, as well as the physiological and spiritual effects.
- 12-Step Integration: Clients learn how to use the tools of the 12-Step program. You are also integrated into your own community’s 12-step program.
- Community Resources: These groups connect you with local resources and healthcare professionals that will help you get back on a positive path.
- Discharge Planning: Discharge Planning helps you return to daily life with the tools you need to stay sober. Your discharge plan will meet your specific needs.
- Relapse Prevention: These groups help you see relapse warning signs. They also help you build strong coping skills to prevent a relapse.
- Aftercare Program: After completing the program, long-term Aftercare begins. Aftercare solidifies clients new sobriety. It’s been shown that patients who have a strong aftercare program maintain their sobriety over the long term. Read more about our Aftercare Program.
- Male or Female Sober Living Apartment Options
IOP Program Cost, Insurance and Details
Insurance and Cost
Addiction is a chronic disease that may result in the loss of family, personal relationships, health, career, and the activities you value most. Thankfully, many insurance plans cover some or all of the cost of Intensive Outpatient Programs. Cold Creek accepts most insurance plans and self-pay.
Outpatient drug rehab and alcohol treatment is flexible. Many clients have work, school, and family obligations. We offer morning and evening programs to fit your schedule, and you can start the program right away. The group meets three times per week and the program typically lasts twelve weeks. Our Utah Intensive Outpatient Program is located in Kaysville, UT
This level of care is also appropriate for those who have mild to moderate co-occurring mental health symptoms requiring monitoring and stabilization, those who are experiencing high stress life circumstances that make it more difficult to cope with urges and cravings to use substances, and those who have been unable to stabilize their substance use in a traditional outpatient setting.
An evaluation at Cold Creek the first step in finding out if IOP is right for you.