What is the Cold Creek Behavioral Health?
Cold Creek Behavioral Health is a collection of Utah addiction treatment centers in Kaysville, UT, Brighton, UT and Salt Lake City, UT. At each location we offer different levels of care from Residential Inpatient Treatment, Day Treatment, Intensive Outpatient Program, Sober Living Apartments and many other addiction treatment services. Each program is nationally accredited by the Joint Commission. Cold Creek Behavioral Health is an evidence based, non-12 step substance abuse and mental health treatment program. We serve adult male and female clients.
Where are your different locations?
Cold Creek Lodge: A beautiful mountain lodge location situated across the street from the Brighton Ski Resort at the top of Big Cottonwood Canyon. Clients at the Lodge enjoy this protected mountain setting and enjoy additional experience based therapy opportunities.
Including following services:
- Inpatient Residential Treatment
- Day Treatment
- Intensive Outpatient Programs
- Family Program
- Sober Living Apartments
- Individual Substance Abuse and Mental Health Counseling
- Marriage and Family Therapy
- Equine and Recreation Therapies
- Gym Membership
- After Care Program
- Drug Testing and Breathalyzer
- Insurance Billing Services
Cold Creek is a safe haven for life changing experiences in recovery, transformation, compassion and inner peace. Each client participates in the most successful evidence based therapies in an environment that establishes balance and healing.
What about the staff?
We have a well educated and trained staff of professionals who are prepared to meet the unique needs of each client. Our treatment team consists of a Board Certified Medical Doctor, Psychiatric Advance Practice Registered Nurse, social workers, therapists, addiction counselors, equine therapist, case managers, support staff and chefs. Many of our staff are former addicts with years of sobriety.
Does your program have any type of licensing or accreditation?
All of Cold Creek Behavioral Health’s programs are fully licensed by the State of Utah. In addition all of our programs are nationally accredited by The Joint Commission.
Licensing and accreditation are very different. State licensing requirements vary widely and only require adherence to minimum health and safety compliance standards. National accreditation by organizations like The Joint Commission or the National Committee for Quality Assurance hold health care organizations to rigorous evidence based standards of care.
Is a medically supervised Detoxification “Detox” included with residential treatment?
Withdrawing and detoxing from drugs and particularly alcohol can be dangerous and even fatal. When a client enters the program while experiencing severe withdrawals they are unable to fully participate in treatment and may interrupt other client’s treatment. To prevent this, a detox assessment is completed to determine if clients will require a medically supervised detox. Clients who require detox go to one of our licensed and accredited detox partners. This is an additional expense; however, insurance typically covers the cost of detox and we provide transportation to and from the facility.
Is Any Help Available for Family Members?
The reach of addiction extends far beyond the addict. Addiction is a family disease. While addicts suffer as a result of drug abuse, family members suffer as a result of the addict’s behavior. All of our programs include an integrated family program that offers private family counseling, addiction education classes, and an equine therapy program. Loved ones from all over the world can participate via teleconference.
How long will treatment last?
The Inpatient Residential Treatment portion of the program is progress based, but a minimum of 30 days. The Outpatient programs (Day Treatment and IOP) is a minimum of 90 days. However, keep in mind treatment at Cold Creek Behavioral Health depends on the individual. Throughout treatment the clinical team monitors your progress; if you are unable to meet your inpatient treatment goals within the standard 30-45 day time-frame, then we will recommend that you extend your treatment. You will work closely with your counselor to continue receiving a level of care that is appropriate.
Your commitment to treatment ensures that we have adequate time to work with you throughout your journey.
I have unique dietary needs. Will this be a problem?
Cold Creek serves meals that are healthy and delicious. All of our meal plans are approved by a dietician. We will also prepare specialized foods for individuals with unique dietary needs or medical conditions. In addition, we are willing to accommodate other preferential diets for clients who are vegetarian, vegan or have religious dietary requirements.
What items can I bring into treatment?
Prior to entering Cold Creek we will provide you with a packing list specifically detailing what you should bring and what you should leave at home.
Clients who are participating in Residential Treatment can do their laundry onsite; therefore, we ask that you only pack clothing for about seven days.
Additional house and personal items are listed in the packing list. Clients may bring items such as MP3 players, iPods, and self help books; however, the use of these items is subject to approved times listed on the schedule. Valuables are stored securely; however, we discourage bringing expensive jewelry and other personal items to treatment.
Will I have a roommate?
Cold Creek’s locations offer both single and double occupancy rooms. Rooms are assigned based on availability and what is clinically appropriate for each client. All rooms have double or full size beds.
How much does drug rehab cost?
The cost depends on the type of treatment and duration of treatment required.
After meeting your deductible, insurance typically covers most of the cost of treatment. The cash pay price for our comprehensive five month treatment program and including all levels of care is $35,000. This is an outstanding value. You can also do treatment al la carte if you’re planning to return home to another state or are transferring from another program having already completed some treatment.
Describing the cost of treatment is difficult because everyone’s situation is so different. Some of our clients are able to successfully complete the inpatient portion of treatment in 30 days, while others may require 60 or even as many as 90 days of inpatient treatment. Outpatient treatment is typically 90 days, but is also progress based and can last longer. The length of treatment is also based on medical necessity. A 35 year old individual with an addiction, a history of stable employment, only minor mental health issues, no trauma or history of abuse will require a shorter duration of treatment than someone with a long history of substance abuse, and complicated mental health issues requiring more extensive treatment. People have a tendency to focus on a fixed number of days, rather than the more important issue of how long it will take overcome the issues that are the underlying causes of addiction. The focus should always be on getting well vs getting done.
Expenses such as medications, clothing, and toiletries are the client’s responsibility.
Will my insurance cover the cost of my treatment?
Yes, Cold Creek Behavioral Health accepts insurance payments through most major carriers. (AETNA, CIGNA, United Healthcare, GEHA, Pacific Source and many others. We will do a preauthorization of services. Your deductible and any out-of-pocket costs will be confirmed prior to admission. Call and speak with one of our admissions counselors to have your insurance benefits verified.
What if I have no insurance?
We accept cash, check and credit card. Those who are interested may also apply for financing through a third party financing company. In addition, some clients receive help from church groups, family members, and other organizations in which they have membership. Our staff will work with you to determine the best way to arrange for payment.
I have received treatment before and it didn’t do any good. What will be different this time?
Clients who come to Cold Creek Behavioral Health have often been through other treatment programs. While there are definitely times when someone is not ready for treatment, if someone went through a program where they were only treated for addiction and any mental health issues remained untreated, this is a recipe for relapse. All of the issues contributing to addiction must be treated at the same time and same setting. We strongly believe that it is not the person who fails a treatment program, but that the past treatment programs may not have been suitable for the person. We pride ourselves in providing appropriate and compassionate support to every client.
That being said, a client’s willingness to get well and to take responsibility for his or her own recovery has a big impact on their progress. Clients who have had prior treatment episodes may require a longer length of stay
How will my experience at Cold Creek be different?
Some of the more differentiating features of our programs include:
- Compassionate Persistence: As you will read, we offer all of the services to treat addiction in one program. While this sets us apart, what really makes Cold Creek Stand out is our compassionate persistence. What this means is that we don’t give up on our clients. Addiction recovery is challenging. As clients confront their addiction, which involves changing old habits and learning new life skills a number of clients want to leave treatment. Too often other programs label these clients as “non-compliant” and are more than happy to move them along and keep their money. This is where our limited enrollment and ideal staffing ratio is so valuable. We have the resources to dedicate a therapist to retain struggling clients. This compassionate persistence is a manifestation of our exceptional staff. More than half our staff are recovering addicts with years of sobriety. They understand addiction and want to help as many people achieve sobriety and enjoy the same benefits.
- Comprehensive Treatment: Cold Creek is unique because we offer all of the therapies, treatments and services necessary to treat addiction and mental health issues in one setting. Surprisingly, this comprehensive dual diagnosis treatment model is quite rare. According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse only about 10% of drug rehabs nationwide offer this comprehensive addiction treatment.
- Limited Enrollment: The most effective inpatient programs limit the number of clients to 12 or less per program. Cold Creek’s programs are based on this model. Not only do we limit our enrollment but we maintain an industry leading therapist-to-client ratio to ensure we have the resources to offer individualized treatment to our clients.
- Evidence Based, Non-12 Step: We offer a comprehensive set of evidence based therapies like Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and individual counseling that is recognized by Columbia University and the National Institute on Drug Abuse. Cold Creek’s Non-12 Step programs are based on decades of research in studying and applying what works in addiction recovery.
- Individualized Treatment: There is no one-size-fits-all approach to treating addiction. Clients received multiple comprehensive assessments that include psychological testing, addiction severity indexing and reasoning assessments. These results determine which counselor the client will be paired with and lay the foundation for the individualized treatment plan we create for each client. Our clinical team meets weekly to discuss each client’s progress. The client’s treatment plan is regularly modified to meet their changing needs. Individual progress and medical necessity determine the intensity and length of treatment.